Paul's Place of Musings and Insights

the reflections of a techno-meddling teacher

Presentations and Workshops

I have presented the following seminars and workshops. The slide shares are available for viewing. Please contact me for more information.

Social Media in the Classroom

This is a Spotlight session I delivered for EdTechSA in June, 2015. I look at the use of Social Media in society, some learning theories and how Social Media can help achieve good learning for our students.

Twitter in Education

An introductory workshop based on establishing a Professional Learning Network using Twitter.

ICT Integration in ACARA

This presentation outlines the presence of ICT in the new Australian Curriculum. It covers the ICT General Capability as well as ways of integrating responsible ICT use into specific outcomes. General principles for successful ICT integration are addressed.

Blogging for Beginners

This presentation was given at the 2013 CEGSA Conference. It was designed for educators with no blogging experience. It covers the principles surrounding what blogs are used for in education and details the creation of a blog for practical use by the participants.

This presentation was reviewed at an EdTechSA Spotlight session in May, 2014

Integration in the Classroom

This presentation was made at the 2013 CEGSA Conference. It gives an overview of Integration principles including SAMR and TPACK models. Also discussed is a case study of my own Yr 6 classroom, including input from students.

This session was also reviewed and then presented at the 2015 HASS SA conference. It covers basic integration principles along with hands on ‘take home’ examples of ICT tools that can easily be integrated into classrooms, specifically with Humanities and Social Sciences subjects.